Meet Garethfx: a proud Welshman from the Cardiff area. He knows his history, loves his family and has quite a creative bent. He is also a valued Supervisor on the site who strives to give clear and accurate answers as a service to the community. For that he has earned over 2000 trust points. He is most active in the Rugby category, one of his favorite sports. Read on and get to know Gareth! Continue reading “Meet Garethfx: Proud Welshman and Trusted Supervisor”
Meet C.Hainsaw. He’s one of the most cherished and longstanding members of our Community. In trust points alone he’s over the 2600 mark. Overall, C.Hainsaw has almost 248,000 contributions! His knowledge is broad which qualifies him to supervise many categories, especially those related to the US Military, Law and Legal Issues, and Jobs and Education. He participates enthusiastically in our contests and programs, and has won many awards. Among them, he was the top Mentor for the Most Outstanding Performance Overall in the 2011 WAmmy and he won the Best How-To in the 2010 WAmmy. Read more to learn about this wise and thoughtful member of Answers.com who is also, by the way, passionate about his family! Continue reading “Meet C.Hainsaw: He’s out of this world!”
Job interviews can be daunting even for the most qualified candidates. It’s easy to iron a shirt, get a haircut and be on time, but the real legwork is prepping for intimidating interview questions. While every company has a different hiring style, many tend to use tried-and-true interview questions (it’s no wonder these questions are among our top content on Answers.com). Are you preparing for an upcoming interview? Check out our answers to six popular job interview questions:
- Describe yourself. It’s open-ended, yes. But keep it focused on traits that match what the employer is looking for.
- Why did you leave your last job? Resist the temptation to bash your boss. Instead talk about how this company will give you opportunities your old company couldn’t.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? The trick is to talk about your weaknesses so that they can also appear to be a strength. Try to tailor your responses to the job you are applying for.
- Why did you apply for this position? and Why do you want to work here? Research the company. Don’t just read their Wikipedia article. Know them inside and out and then you’ll be able to answer why you want to work there.
- Why should we hire you? Uncover your interviewer’s greatest wants and needs and then list your achievements and traits that match those needs.
Do you have more tips for job interviews? Share them with us in the comments.
Xnicola is a star at Answers.com! Just one look at her bio page and it is clear: Senior Supervisor, Mentoring Program Mentor, Copy Editor for WikiReviewers, Imperial WikiGuide for Community Outreach, Senior Site Guardian for Vandal Patrol and TIP Supervisor. The long list of accomplishments makes her an expert on the site and a great role model. It’s not surprising that she is also a Category Supervisor for Literature and Language. She is currently finishing a Masters Degree in the English language. If you have ever received a greeting from Xnicola on the site, you know that she is a warm and welcoming person, too! Read more to learn more about this outstanding young lady from Scotland. Continue reading “Meet Nicola: A purrfect role model from Scotland!”
What are you giving your Valentine this year? You might be opting for a traditional gift of chocolate, a sentimental card, or roses (198 million are sold every Valentine’s Day). But if you want to get more creative, our Answers.com contributors have great tips when it comes to planning Valentine’s Day gifts.
Guys take note: the answer to What should you get your girlfriend for Valentine’s Day? has plenty of ideas for how to make your lady swoon.
Still out of ideas? Check out more Valentine’s Day Gift Giving Q&A here.