In honor of this week’s vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan, we bring you five questions about our nation’s co-pilot.
- Vice Presidents are much more than second fiddle. But exactly what is the job of the US Vice President?
- What are the chances we could have a President Biden or President Ryan? It’s happened in the past quite a bit. What Vice Presidents later became Presidents?
- The President earns a $400,000 salary every year. So, how much does a US Vice President make?
- Here’s a hypothetical: Who would become Vice President of the US if the Vice President dies?
- The White House is home for the commander in chief. But where does the US Vice President live?
Bonus question, because we’re curious: What is the origin of the word vice? If you have more questions about vice presidents, ask us in the comments or in the US Vice Presidents category on Answers.com. The vice presidential debate will be held at Centre College in Danville, Kentucky on Thursday, October 11 starting at 9 p.m. eastern.