Here are the real reasons men watch the Olympic figure skating:
Top ten reasons why men watch Olympic figure skating
- You get to say phrases like ‘that was a rough quadruple salchow’ even though you’re not a surgeon.
- The blades bring back a secret nostalgia for The Mighty Ducks.
- You get to rate the skaters along with the judges, although your points are based on the same scale as HotOrNot.com.
- It’s either watching this or Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader – and you know you’re not.
- Seeing men in periwinkle spandex reasserts your manhood.
- The lifts on ice give you great material for the book you’re working on ‘Kama Sutra Santa.’
- There is an evil enjoyment to be had in watching someone trip and fall on ice.
- The ratio of the girls’ skirts flying in the air versus covering the booty is 4:1.
- You get to watch #7 and #8 get replayed in slow motion.
- Hey, you need to associate something positive with The Nutcracker.