It’s Veterans Day, so we’re presenting a few ways to get involved from where you are sitting right now: get educated!
Veterans Day is observed on November 11th in the United States to honor all veterans of the armed services. It is also a worldwide day of commemoration of the armistice that ended World War I on November 11, 1918 (which is why it is alternatively called Armistice Day).
Aside from the great pages of information you can find by searching ReferenceAnswers, there are a few relevant Q&A categories you can read through from the community at WikiAnswers, like Veterans Day Holiday Q&A, Wars and Military History Q&A and Veterans Affairs and Issues Q&A.
Feel free to start with these questions:
- How is Veterans Day celebrated?
- Why is Veterans Day important?
- Are they any veterans from World War I alive?
- How can you find information on former service members who served in the US Armed Forces?
- How can you honor veterans other than to celebrate Veterans Day?
- How many American Vietnam veterans are still alive today?